I will continue doing my business behind closed doors* if for no other reason than to avoid paying every person I meet in the government during the registration process. Some of my friends happen to be working with non-governmental organizations* or NGOs. They are senior people who have years of experience* and they like their work very much. I know they are honest and dedicated. I always thought that NGOs are there to serve the communities* mainly on a voluntary basis. These people must enjoy helping others* and everybody must be grateful for their efforts.But is this really the case?An American friend was telling me about his group?s experience in Yemen. ?We came with big plans to help the youth*? he said. ?We were able to mobilize interest in Yemen and get some funding. In our first trip we were introduced to a highly educated person. He seemed to us a very nice man* and after a few weeks we asked him to take care of our operation in Yemen. We signed the contract* and he started to work for us after we rented a place. A few months passed* and our operations were going quite well when we had our team visit the office in Sana?a to review operations. We discovered that the man we?d hired had been taking a lot of sick days. When our team asked him about it* he was not convincing. We asked him to provide us with an explanation. After a few days* the man provided the team with many medical prescriptions. These prescriptions were false ones* and the team warned the man about this. After reviewing the report of the team at our headquarters* we decided to fire him* and we did. A few days later* we received a court order issued by the Labor Court. The man was accusing us of wrong doings when we fired him. At that point we unfortunately decided to stop our operations in Yemen.?...

المزيد...