A genius writer said once “if there was no translation there would be no history”. As we know the story telling the beginning of the creature and how it later in the dark ages was split into societies and each of them had their own language* culture* customs* ideas* productions and their own independent lives. Lately* each society discovered their need to a production or a cultural stuff of other societies* but how could they communicated to make that social exchange. Of course through people had the ability to talk more than a language whom we call multilingual translators. Therefore* I say that the saying “if there was no translation there would be no history” is absolutely correct. But* what is the real understanding of the concept “Translation”?
Translation is the transformation of a language of culture A which is called source language into a language of culture B which is called target language.
Language is just a communication tool can differ from a culture to another.
Translation can be for the text which is called frame of the language and can also be for the context of the language which is called scene and this has a common use in literary translation.
Example:
In a disguise party of one of the high schools* everybody was disguised in his/her own masked uniform. One boy was disguised in an ugly pirate face liked in a party a girl was disguising in White snow dress. After thinking for long* he came towards her and asked he to go out with him. She couldn’t see his real handsome face but the ugly one. And the conversation was;
The boy: “will you go out with me one day?” (Smiling)
The girl: “Who!!! Me!!!! Oh* No.” (in a tough aggressive way)
After the party was over and everybody had his/her disguise off she noticed that the ugly pirate was just a handsome boy and another conversation was;
The Boy: “will you out with me one day” (Smiling)
The girl: “Who!!! Me!!!! Oh* No.” (in a smooth smiley whisper )
Now* we notice that the answer of the girl in both conversations has exactly the same text or frame but what about the context or the scene?
If you translate just the frame in both same statements it will be “she answered with No” and in this case you will be given a nice beautiful big ZERO for your translation job for these two statements that you should cross the borders of the words statement to the meaning of the situation* even if you convert the No into Yes.
If you were asked to translate both answered of the girl in the two conversations what would your translation of the first and what it would be for the second statements?