Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YEMENI Superstitions

Talking YEMENI Superstitions

YEMENI Superstitions

Little has been written on social superstitions spread among our Yemeni society. Many of those beliefs have been inherited through generations and are still alive among us. Here we describe the main Yemeni superstitions.

The Ram (Al-Hamal)
    Al-Hamal is a superstitious animal which is also called the graveyard’s monster. It is believed that it disinters buried bodies in the first week of burial. Al-Hamal is interested in only those whose horoscope is the ram. During the first week of burial in which the ram is believed to appear, relatives of the dead keep on the watch.

(Al-Bodda)
    Beliefs in this superstitious creature is spread in Tihama and its surroundings. Al-Bodda is a witch that can change her appearance into many different shapes. Recently, it has been said that a great number of them were burnt when people’s awareness about the spread of immorality increased. It is more interesting to know that young people who are not able to afford marrying expensive, beautiful brides go to Boddas requesting them to change themselves into their beloveds and make love to them on sand.

(At-Tahesh)
    It is a lion-like beast with a smooth body. Its speed is compared to that of a bullet. That is why nobody has so far been able to capture or kill it. Al-Hawban Tahesh in Taiz has been most famous through Yemeni history and on which many stories have been told and written.

Quest for Treasures
    In many villages, especially the remote ones, people believe in the existence of buried treasures. Stories of such treasures are told by old people. People leave homes for mountains in quest of treasures believed to had been left by their grandfathers in stores dug in the earth. Some people succeed to find such stores but all they find is invaluable items or coal. The failure to find treasures is always attributed to the fact that they did not slaughter sheep before searching the store.

Jinns’ Courts
    Throwing hot substances and other material in bathrooms and deserted places is believed to be harmful. Doers may be paralyzed or run mad if they hit the invisible creatures. If a jinn is hit a court session is bound to be held soon inside the doer’s mind until they decide to forgive. During the period of holding those sessions the host is mad.
    []http://نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي[/IMG]

العمر
    i like (At-Tahesh) نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

wow....
    i never knew any of these superstitions even exsisted in ymn.
    thanks for the insight..

ciao

you must be kidding me?

Yemen is full of superstitions, ?!!!
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    Je t'aime, Je t'adore

العمر
    Oh yeah

just like usaid bro...full of those superstitons..

..:..8..:..

thx a million lady for ths post
    ..:..*..:..

سؤلت عن الحب فمادريت.:.:.أهو غصب علينا أم نحن عنة في غنى
    فإياك من زرع منة ماجنيـت.:.:.غير عظيم البؤس وأعظم من الشـقى
    بقلم: أحمد الحميقاني

thank u go ahead

At-Tahesh
    looool
    grama usd this on me when i was little
    i actually still think it's true
    hehehehheehhe

thanx for this great post sindrala :d

by the way wuz up with the place 7amada??
    it looks weard
    i got lost when i loged in lool
    has it been that long :s
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:-
    ما نقص مال من صدقه

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

i am just like Mar mar
    my grandma used to tell me these suff
    about At-Tahesh
    it's kinda weird

thx

\\|//
    (^_^)
    +-----------.oooO------Oooo.---------------+

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله ** سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظيم ** سبحان الله* والحمد لله* ولا اله الا الله* والله اكبر

Most Superstitions are weird like if you bite your nails, nails tre will grow in your stomach and hand out of your mouth...etc
    Parents always use them and they work effectively..
    I'm glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for passing darlings.
    []http://نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي[/IMG]

العمر
    The one about the nails... yeah
    t works so good i guess..
    lol

The Lions
    hehe
    don't push t alot lady
    BRAZILwill take the CUP like a piece of cake
    loOoOol

urs
    AhMeD

سؤلت عن الحب فمادريت.:.:.أهو غصب علينا أم نحن عنة في غنى
    فإياك من زرع منة ماجنيـت.:.:.غير عظيم البؤس وأعظم من الشـقى
    بقلم: أحمد الحميقاني

yeah, superstitions work....they scare children and blind them from the truth, parents should instead tell their kids what harms they might actually get by biting thier nails
    Je t'aime, Je t'adore

Quote Originally Posted by **..AhMeD..**
    The one about the nails... yeah
    t works so good i guess..
    lol

The Lions
    hehe
    don't push t alot lady
    BRAZILwill take the CUP like a piece of cake
    loOoOol

urs
    AhMeD
    I'm with the Lions winners or loosers
    :65: dreams might come true
    c ya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information