التميز خلال 24 ساعة

العضو الأكثر نشاطاً هذا اليوم   الموضوع النشط هذا اليوم   المشرف المميز لهذا اليوم 
قريبا علاج الانزلاق الغضروفي وخشونة الركبة
بقلم : غير مسجل
قريبا

النتائج 1 إلى 4 من 4

الموضوع: Fgm

الصورة الرمزية العقل الباطن
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Angry Fgm

No health benefits* only harm
    FGM has no health benefits* and it harms girls and women in many ways. It involves removing and damaging healthy and normal female genital tissue* and interferes with the natural functions of girls' and women's bodies.
    Immediate complications can include severe pain* shock* hemorrhage (bleeding)* tetanus or sepsis (bacterial infection)* urine retention* open sores in the genital region and injury to nearby genital tissue.
    Long-term consequences can include:
    •recurrent bladder and urinary tract infections;
    •cysts;
    •infertility;
    •an increased risk of childbirth complications and newborn deaths;
    •the need for later surgeries. For example* the FGM procedure that seals or narrows a vaginal opening (type 3 above) needs to be cut open later to allow for sexual intercourse and childbirth. Sometimes it is stitched again several times* including after childbirth* hence the woman goes through repeated opening and closing procedures* further increasing and repeated both immediate and long-term risks.
    Who is at risk?
    Procedures are mostly carried out on young girls sometime between infancy and age 15* and occasionally on adult women. In Africa* about three million girls are at risk for FGM annually.
    Between 100 to 140 million girls and women worldwide are living with the consequences of FGM. In Africa* about 92 million girls age 10 years and above are estimated to have undergone FGM.
    The practice is most common in the western* eastern* and north-eastern regions of Africa* in some countries in Asia and the Middle East* and among certain immigrant communities in North America and Europe.
    Cultural* religious and social causes
    The causes of female genital mutilation include a mix of cultural* religious and social factors within families and communities.
    •Where FGM is a social convention* the social pressure to conform to what others do and have been doing is a strong motivation to perpetuate the practice.
    •FGM is often considered a necessary part of raising a girl properly* and a way to prepare her for adulthood and marriage.
    •FGM is often motivated by beliefs about what is considered proper sexual behavior* linking procedures to premarital virginity and marital fidelity. FGM is in many communities believed to reduce a woman's libido* and thereby is further believed to help her resist "illicit" sexual acts. When a vaginal opening is covered or narrowed (type 3 above)* the fear of pain of opening it* and the fear that this will be found out* is expected to further discourage "illicit" sexual intercourse among women with this type of FGM.
    •FGM is associated with cultural ideals of femininity and modesty* which include the notion that girls are “clean” and "beautiful" after removal of body parts that are considered "male" or "unclean".
    •Though no religious scripts prescribe the practice* practitioners often believe the practice has religious support.
    •Religious leaders take varying positions with regard to FGM: some promote it* some consider it irrelevant to religion* and others contribute to its elimination.
    •Local structures of power and authority* such as community leaders* religious leaders* circumcisers* and even some medical personnel can contribute to upholding the practice.
    •In most societies* FGM is considered a cultural tradition* which is often used as an argument for its continuation.
    •In some societies* recent adoption of the practice is linked to copying the traditions of neighboring groups. Sometimes it has started as part of a wider religious or traditional revival movement.
    •In some societies* FGM is being practiced by new groups when they move into areas where the local population practice FGM.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Fgm

I think it is to much information that's right
    but I guess every girl is intrestedin this

في ذمة الله
    الصورة الرمزية AnGelina
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2008
    الدولة
    DaD's Heart
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

huney
    thnx alot 4 this topic
    ((Female genital mutilation ))
    i read it b4 here *but i couldnt replay bcz i was in hurry
    but really this is a sensitive topic
    i knw its a invasive procedure
    but i didnt knw that it could cuz that much of complication
    really bad thing
    dont 4get somtimes its is a religious issue

Enshalah il come back to talk more abt it

thnx again dear
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanx so much dear
    I would like to get to know ou more if you don't mind
    and relatedt what you have said about FGM being a relegious issue
    it is really not * and i will give you references t prove that
    I am also in hurry but we will discuss this for sure in another time
    with love and regards

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •