I recently found myself spontaneously writing this article in order to uphold the penetrative words uttered by Mr. Abdul Salam Al-Ansy in a special interview broadcast on Suhail Channel two weeks ago on Aug. 8.?I?ll say my word about this matter* and then whoever wishes to pout can pout as he likes. I don?t care!? said Al-Ansy. The broadcaster had asked him to depict the nature of the current Yemeni situation and to acquaint the viewers with the core of those disagreements spreading throughout the political Yemeni household. ?All the friction and continuous discordances in the Yemeni domain are caused by two main problems*? Al-Ansy said. ?On one hand* there is friction between the opposition represented by the Joint Meeting Parties and the ruling General People?s Congress. On the other hand* there are tremendous disagreements amongst the JMP themselves. All and sundry are for the dividing of the Yemeni dainty cake.?All of those factions are seeking more power and special privileges*? Al-Ansy added. ?They are rushing to acquire their own share of this abundant country?s resources. Not a single one of them works faithfully to serve Yemen* his own homeland. Not one tries to maintain or strengthen the sturdy unified principles* no one looks to change for the sake of changing* and no one considers the national interests and makes them his own.? Abdul Salam Al-Ansy* a key member in the ruling party* is a very beloved man and figure highly respected by the GPC and the JMP alike. Yemenis inside and outside the country admire him for his matchless honesty and true national stands. He is regarded as one of the prominent founders of the GPC. But as is usual in this country* he was partly excluded from attending the board of decision makers in the GPC and was eliminated as an effective member of the ruling party due to those good traits he possesses. In fact* many of the good men in this country who served Yemen and sacrificed in order to fix presidential orders and uphold the revolutionary unified system were excluded in this way.According to Al-Ansy himself* he has recently broken away from the party line because he has become old enough to deal with the upcoming issues rising in the Yemeni domain. He commented ironically that ?nobody can take away his age or the ages of others. I may not be appropriate for this complicated period of time* yet I am still a son of the GPC. I?ll continue to be a loyal citizen to the president Ali Abdullah Saleh* the GPC and my dear country of Yemen forever.?I was really very affected and astonished by those words which truly revealed the deep gap between the ruling party and the opposition and between the government and its adversaries inside and outside Yemen. All in all* I admired this man and his frank speech that didn?t discriminate against a special faction or any political party. By removing such a sophisticated person from the country?s political platform* Yemen has lost one of its most decent and faithful heroes ? heroes whose numbers are declining day by day....

المزيد...