Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For discussion

For discussion

salam

i would like to put this topic for discussion
    Why nowadays we insert English words in our day to day Lg
    In other words when we speak Arabic we must use English and sometimes French words. Even those who do not learn English they use simple English words.

What do you think* does this happen because English is an easy Lg or because we are not proud of our Arabic culture

Thumbs up رد: For discussion

Dear Nessmah :-

All of us are proud in our Arabic lg

but sometimes we insert some English or french words because of

the occupation forces as you know we were occupied by the

British and when someone occupy country they try to effacement

the language but we by our bravery we get over the settler but some

words were stick in the people's mind by then until nowadays like

this words:bus* telephone* Alo*and bye.

that's why we sometimes put some English words in our sentence .

Don't forget that the easiest word is English.That is my opinion.
    [/COLOR]
    اذا رايت نيوب الليث بارزة فلا تظن ان الليث يبتسمنقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

المتكبر كالواقف على الجبل يرى الناس صغاراً ويرونة صغيراًنقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

الشريف اذا تقوى تواضع والوضيع اذا تقوى تكبر :p

العمر

رد: For discussion

Dear brother* I totally disagree with your last words that say: speaking for some forign words during talking with our native language (Arabic) means that we are not proud for our langage* that's strongly wrong idea and thoughts. Because if you just think for a moment and getting the main reason for that you will figure that is belonging to the cultural overlaping from country to another and you can actually see this overlap from country to another and its real difference from.
    Thus* protecting our culture and native language doesn't consider just for its prouding but we should do saving it from overlaping by other cultures and getting affected from
    I
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

ليس المهم ان تتخذ قرارا

إنما المهم أن يكون القرار حكيما

Quote Originally Posted by متحدي الطموح View Post
    Dear brother* I totally disagree with your last words that say: speaking for some forign words during talking with our native language (Arabic) means that we are not proud for our langage* that's strongly wrong idea and thoughts. Because if you just think for a moment and getting the main reason for that you will figure that is belonging to the cultural overlaping from country to another and you can actually see this overlap from country to another and its real difference from.
    Thus* protecting our culture and native language doesn't consider just for its prouding but we should do saving it from overlaping by other cultures and getting affected from
    I

I totally agree with you brother
    اذا رايت نيوب الليث بارزة فلا تظن ان الليث يبتسمنقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

المتكبر كالواقف على الجبل يرى الناس صغاراً ويرونة صغيراًنقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

الشريف اذا تقوى تواضع والوضيع اذا تقوى تكبر :p

المشوقة ، متحدي الطموح

Thank u 4 passing by

i agree wth u bt dont u think that many people insert E words as a kind of show wthout any other purpose

i hope other members say there opinion

العمر

???????????????kind of show

well* i use classical arabic for show :$

so it is not always the " show " reason
    AKRAM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm* Now it depend on the purpose and use.... Some people use it certainly for show* to tell others that they speak the language. I can say goodluck to them! However* it is not a matter of not being proud of Arabic of the cultural hertiage. Did u ever consider that some people speak English mixed with Arabic becasue they speak too much English for perhaps work purposes and when they speak Arabic they find themselves unawarely thinking in English and eventually they say some words in English becasue this is how they appeared in their minds? Well I must say this is my case.... When I was in Yemen I used English in my job about 8 hourse a day I spoke Arabi 4 hours and I slept the rest of the day (Becasue it was already night) So I always had difficulty seperating both languages in my head! When I spoke English in class (it's compulsory to use English in teaching) Some times ideas pop up in my head in Arabic and so I'd say something in Arabic and re-say it in English. However* when I speak to friends and people in Arabic somethings thoughts would pop up in English in my head and I just say them regardless the person infront of me speaks English or no! Therefore we must not have a very narrow view towards this becasue it is for many reasons why we use this languge or that and for many other reasons why we mix them together. They could be pure confusion and unability to control the language of the mind. It speaks on its own I guess

Well hope I didnt talk too much I always tend to do just that lol

Best regards
    Last edited by مس جيجي العطار; 29-09-2009 at 11:17 PM.

في ذمة الله

Thumbs up رد: For discussion

hummm...to be honest
    i dont think wt u said is ryt
    cuz u meant that we r not proud of our (Arabic) lg *which its totally wrong.
    am proud and always showing off with it in my college

backo the subject...

first it depend in the person himself and his environment
    and the purpose of doing it
    some pipl use couplet of English or Frensh wordz or wt ever between Arabic sentences becuz

they like 2 show off
    << " plz attention* I knw many lgz"نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    Whitch I feel sorry for them

OR becuz they get along with their life..work and studying
    esp. if it in English
    <<< like me نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    Seriously I do this aloot .. and I cant handle it

some time i find English lg is esay to explain

like when i was with ma frnd ..she spoked to me in Arabic and then i replaied in English نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    i didnt even notice that till she tills me .."stop geek"...LOOL

that some people speak English mixed Arabic becasue they speak too much English for perhaps work purposes and when they speak Arabic the find themselves unawarely thinking in English and eventually they say some words in English becasue this is how they
    appeared in their minds
    with her 100%

T.C Nasmahنقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

في ذمة الله

up up and a wayy

Depends on the environmet
    i don't think that t s kind of show
    coz while am n yemen i feel shy when i speak English
    and this mean am proud of my language
    but vise versa when i go back 2 university. نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Thank u all for this interaction

::::::::::::::::::::::}{:::::::::::::::::::::::
    well* i'm pretty sure that everyone of us is so proud of his native lang. but we'r kindda learin some new langs since english is the world's #1 lang
    so i won't just blame ppl who r tryin to keep learin even in thir daily life
    cuz they'r just practicin wt they've learned
    cuz ik that lreain a new lag need to practice ..

even tho i have said that but at the other hand ppl who teach their childern Eng while they'r young .
    that's just so ridicouls cuz they'll grow up with other lan.

ayways thnx hun 4 this topic
    keep that up
    and it's gr8 to discuss things 2gether so we'll get to solve'em

=)
    عادة العشاق تشتاق ... كيف لو خلي بلادي ؟
    مسكنش روحي و الاعماق .. يا نظر عيني و زادي

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information