Like a brilliant star Mr. Maged al-kholidy is always glittering through his good and effective articles. I read maged's articles since I was at college* so I am indebted to him in exciting the desire of writing . I am pleased to comment on his article " to chat or not to chat* this is the question (part 2)"* published on 23 of October* issue number 1201. as a constant reader of Maged's series published in the reader's view page of Yemen Times I have been noticed that* Mr. Maged often discusses both the negative and the positive aspects of the matter* giving his personal opinion directly or indirectly in the last part. Thus Mr. Maged discussed the negative aspects of chatting in the previous article* and in the second article he discussed the positive aspects that may not sound logical . First* Mr. Maged praised chatting as a cheaper means of communication* saying that: "one can chat and do other things in the network like researching* sending emails. The cost is calculated as the time minutes for doing all these." This point could be applicable to those who enter internet cafes to entertain themselves and search through internet websites about unimportant topics to kill their boring time. yet* it does not sound good on the real researchers who are writing academic researches in various fields of knowledge* because real researchers do not have time to chat ore do things beside searching about their specific topics. They use internet websites for a specific goal in mind* so they may consider chatting as a means to waste time and money as well. I practiced this myself* I spend long months searching for references to support the topic of my research* and during these months I was busy in searching* so I never chat any one though I have many friends. second Mr. Maged described chatting positively as a faster means of communication* helping people to know each other despite the long distance among them. Chatting is a useful means for those people who know each other by their direct communication. That is to say* chatting is a useful means for people who are separated from their relatives and friend. For example* a father works abroad* looking for a faster means to communicate with his family and friends in his homeland. In this situation chatting could be a helpful faster means to contact with people you love* but chatting among chatters* who know each other just through chatting* is not a faster means of communication but rather a faster means of cheating and deception. Thirdly* Mr. Maged's statement "through the internet chatting* using programs like yahoo or hotmail messengers* one can establish relations in all the parts of the world" may sound true* but there is a question posed itself for those who believe in this statement. Which type of relation one can establish via chatting* or what sort of chatters one can chatting with? In actual fact* majority of chatters are morally corrupted* using chatting as medium to scatter their immoral thoughts among innocent people all over the world. Therefore chatting *in this respect* is immoral means that we should get rid of as possible as we can. To illustrate the point a friend of mine was chatting with unknown girl and after two days of their communication she send him two websites. When my friend opened that websites* he found terrible naked photos. Finally* Mr. Mged described chatting as a life that give people chance to exchange information* news and ideas with each other. This point looks true but what kind of information* news and ideas chatters exchange with each other. Looking at real life most of chatters use chatting to build illegal sentimental relations with other people in the globalized world* so chatting* in this respect* could be evaluated as a medium of exchanging sentimental expressions. At the end of the article Mr. Maged requested his reader to discuss the topic accurately in order to take a final decision "weather to chat ore not to chat accordingly." But this isn't the matter* we can't decide to chat or not to chat* because chatting has negative and positive consequences. To chat or not to chat depends on chatters themselves and the type of relation among them* so we can't take a final decision as Mr. Maged said....

المزيد...